Wakinyan (4K)

Wakinyan (4K)
Martin Lisius

WINNER: 2017 Los Angeles Independent Film Festival, Experimental/Travel/Time-Lapse category

OFFICIAL SELECTION: 2018 South Dakota Film Festival, 2018 Logcinema Art Films - Best Photography, Deep in the Heart of Texas Film Festival, 2017 Dallas VideoFest 29, Raw Science Film Festival 2016

Wakinyan is a Lakota word meaning thunder, or thunder spirit. The language is one used by native people of the American Great Plains.

I chose Wakinyan as the title of this short film because it describes one of the few things that still exists on the Plains unaltered by man. It has always existed, and will ? hopefully - remain unchanged. Wakinyan offers a glimpse into a pristine, natural world displayed on a canvas as big as the sky.

I shot the content during the spring of 2016, mostly in Texas, Colorado and the Nebraska Sandhills. It required thousands of miles driving, and being exposed to biting flies, blowing dust, and long nights. The hail, tornadoes and constant barrage of lightning didn’t bother me as it’s something I grew up with. It is very much a part of me, like the spirit Wakinyan.

The imagery was captured on 4K and is best enjoyed in that resolution.

This short film is the preface to a full length documentary about storms I am currently working on, working titled "TCOTA2." Follow the progress of the doc at facebook.com/Chasers2/

Music:

Gregory Davis - "Father Sky" (soulcatchermusic.com)
Sound Phenomenon - "Trival Taiko: Percussion" (soundphenomenonstudios.com)
Erick McNerney - "Beautifully Strange Long Drone" (soundcloud.com/erickmcnerney)

A portion of this footage is available for license exclusively through StormStock, stormstock.com.

If you would like to see amazing storms like this in person, I recommend Tempest Tours Storm Chasing Expeditions at tempesttours.com

Follow:
vimeo.com/martinlisius
linkedin.com/martinlisius

https://vimeo.com/178199619

https://heisme.skymoon.info/article/SuggInfo/895  

한 귀절을 쓰면 한 귀절을 와서 읽는 그대! 그래서 이 편지(便紙)는 한 번도 부치지 않는다 [김남조-편지]
Hot

Hot Canada, 4k Travel :영상

[영상] 하늘 0 6,245
Hot

Hot Lost In Malta 4k :영상

[영상] 하늘 0 5,971